Team CT. John Climie. 203.605.9493
Tryouts Feb 5, 2023. CFC Hamden. Call John for details
Here's the basic overview of the program...
*Below is what this year looks like* Kids can do all three, or sign up for each season individually.
Serving girls grades 4-11
(8) 90 minute sessions on Sundays starting mid-September in Cheshire
Culminates in traveling to a one day tournament in Massachusetts in early Nov.
Building individual skills
- 7v7 concepts/basic offensive structure & motion
- Positional awareness
- 7v7 concepts
- Clearing the ball
- Riding (re-defending the clear)
- 8 meter play
Each practice we try to simulate game-like situations for the entire time. We usually provide some time for structured scrimmage to end the session.
(8) 90 minute sessions on Sundays starting early January at CFC in Hamden
High School runs 8-9:30, Youth runs 9:30-11
- Similar to fall
- Increased focus on half-field offense and defense
Extended practice to kick off the season on second Saturday in June (Cheshire)
- All teams work with their coaches/establish practice structure/expectations/roles/organize group chats/etc
Practices are 90 minutes on Tuesdays/Thursdays in June and July (Cheshire)
Albany Capital City Classic (6/24 and 25)
CT Cup (Cheshire) Youth July 8; HS July 9
Summer Sizzle (Massachusetts) Youth July 15; HS July 16
The Rise in Devens, MA July 21;22;23
**TRYOUTS for the following summer will take place the last week of July**